Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SPA2102 - IPOFFICE - 3rd Party IP License - HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitecNZ

Vendor
Feb 7, 2013
NZ
Hey guys,

i have googled, read posts, still wont register

IPOFFICE with a 3rd party IP licence and Linksys/CiscoSPA2102, over a VPN tunnel

i have a client running VPN tunnel's, I have set a Avaya IP phoine up at his remote site, no worries. fires up works fine

the tunnel is open (no blocked ports, can see ip address both ways (ping SPA2102 from office, replies, etc and ping PABX from remote, replies etc)

so far i have made a new Voip user in manager,

factory reset the SPA2102, followed some posts, set proxy etc as pabx,
LINE1/2

Subscriber information;
Display name= User name
Password= Login Code (extension force auhtoris. unticked)
Auth ID= extension number
User ID= extension number

Sip settings;
SIP-Proxy require= IP addr of the Avaya

Proxy and Registration;
Proxy= IP addr of the Avaya
Outbound Proxy= IP addr of the Avaya

wont come up

do you know of a set by step process/walkthrough ie, I am in NEW ZEALAND
any help appreciated...

I had the PAP2T (similar box) to play with a few years back, try to use the Name as Auth ID just for testing or if it is close to the PAP2T then use the user ID field and disable the Auth ID (was a dropdown as I can see from my old screenshots).
if all fails go and do a monitor trace for all SIP traffic to see what is sent and received.
The box is pretty simple (even though you have a thousand options for stuff) but most should work with the default settings so if you played around already a lot, default it and start from scratch is mostly the better way to go as one screwed up setting can occupy you for days (bin there cursed that)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back