Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sp_oacreate / sysadmin woes ... please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VBRookie

Programmer
May 29, 2001
US

Hello all,

I'm having some problems with my app since uploading it onto my hosting company's servers. I did not realize that only sysadmins could execute sp_oacreate until now ... I'm not sure where my app is calling it (there are 60+ stored procs). No where am I calling it directly but I do use the xml preparedocument functionality.

At any rate is there anyway that I can get around this privileges issue and execute sp_oacreate some other way? My hosting company of course won't give me sysadmin rights so what other options are available to me?

Has anyone else ever run into this issue? If so how did you resolve it?

Many grateful thanks in advance,
VB Rookie

Options arent good if you are with a hosting company, unless you get a dedicated server.

If you need that level of functionality, you may want to either look at a dedicated server or host yourself.

As far as replacing the sp_oacreate, it would depend on what objects you are creating and using, and also what you are using them for.

"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back