Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sp_flushstats failing on 12.0.0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMCraig

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
US
Hi Folks,

sp_flushstats is failing on 64-bit Solaris 12.0.0.4 install (SWR 9973 ESD 1) at one of my client sites and I need to be able to get the DB into a properly "quiescent" state so that I can dump the DB in such a way that it'll load onto a Linux 12.5.3 install (which can handle the little-to-big endian conversion--very cool if sp_flushstats would work....)

At any rate, does anyone know if there's another way to accomplish the steps that are part of sp_flushstats?

Does anyone know if one of the later 64-bit EBF's for Solaris 12.0 (the latest one appears to be 12.0.0.8 ESD #4) resolves this problem? (I can't look at the notes for the EBF's because I'm not a registered support contract and the site has Sybase as an embedded license to another product so I don't know what we'll be able to get out of that vendor...

Any info appreciated!

John

J M Craig
Alpha-G Consulting, LLC
nsjmcraig@netscape.net

Well, I got a reply from another direction that suggested running installmaster to recreate the stored procedure sp_flushstats. I didn't want to run installmaster on a live system, so I just pulled out the recreation of the sp_flushstats proc and associated grant and sp_procxmode calls and ran them.

Following that, sp_flushstats ran without errors. Yippee!

John

J M Craig
Alpha-G Consulting, LLC
nsjmcraig@netscape.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back