Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sp_dbmail_send - odd behavior when specifying mulitple recipients

Status
Not open for further replies.

chpicker

Programmer
Apr 10, 2001
I have SQL Server 2005 (Enterprise version 9.0.3042) configured for Database Mail. It is using our company's SBS Exchange 2003 server (version 6.5 build 7638.2: SP2) to send mail. The profile is configured to use my login credentials, but the "from" and "reply-to" are for a distribution group. My user account has Full Control in the ACL for the group. I have also tried using Anonymous authentication; the behavior does not change.

I have a stored procedure that is set up to run some maintenance and then send an email with the results. I've recently been trying to send this to multiple recipients by separating the different addresses by semicolons.

The email will go out just fine to as many recipients as I like, provided all of them are either external addresses or internal addresses...but NOT both. If there is a mix of internal and external addresses, only the internal addresses will receive the email. I get no errors; the external addresses simply don't get the message. Looking at the Exchange System Manager, no SMTP connector for the external domains even gets created.

Is there something I'm missing? I can't even tell if this is an Exchange issue or a SQL Server issue, but I figured I'd start here and see if anyone has any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back