Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP4 upgrade with renamed Admnistrator account

Status
Not open for further replies.

themikehyde

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2003
US
Hello,
Has anyone attempted an SP4 upgrade on a SP3 system, with a renamed Administrator account? I am curious to know your results.

Thanks,Mike

Have you had problems with Security Policies after renaming administrator and installing SP4? If so, have you found a resolution? I am having problems with security policies, but I'm not sure where my problems started or how to resolve them as of yet.

Jim,
Yes, totally. Please search for ordinal 175 error in this forum for more details.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I have 11 hours experience with this issue.
Mike

Unfortunately, I can't roll back the server to SP3 because I didn't archive files. Usually, if the service pack has been out at least a couple of weeks I trust it. Obviously, that was a bad move on my part. How did you go about resetting the permissions for IWAM account? I figured I would try to reinstall IIS and reset those permissions and see if that helps me. The specific errors I'm getting are that when I try to open the Local Security policy on the domain controller it tells me that my local security database is corrupt and when I try to open the domain controller security policy from administrative tools I get an error message with "An invalid dn syntax has been specified" in the details. Let me know if these were similar to the errors that you received.

Thanks

Jim, After running thru the procedure in Microsoft article 271071, I ended up completely removing IIS, then reinstalling. Then I setup the websites again. That appeared to fix the IWAM user rughts problem.

By chance, is your administrator account renamed? I am gathering this is what causes the problem with the SP4 install.
Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back