Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP350 restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

msimoneau

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2023
US
Hi,
We use SP350 v6.21 on Windows 10 via Cisco Anyconnect VPN v5.0.03072. On the desktop, SP350 restarts on its own. When this happens, the entire computer hangs until it restarts. This can take up to 7 seconds. This occurs multiple times a day. Any ideas why this might be happening? Is there any specific configuration that could help?
Thank you.

Pull the error log off Windows. Make sure it's the program hanging and not the computer crashing.

You need to have the proper network settings in teh config or the phone will reboot every 10 minutes.

Open the config "User Settings"
Look down the left side and find "Device"
Check the box for Specifies NIC/IP Address
Network Interface setting must be set to the physical device for the network you are connected to. The Ethernet interface if wired or WiFi adapter if wireless.
IP Address is set to the IP Address of the VPN Tunnel not the address of the Ethernet or WiFi adapter.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Hi CoralTech,
To clarify, this is happening on multiple machines using SP350 remotely over VPN. When SP350 shows "Restarting..." the computer freezes until SP350 completes its automatic restart, sometimes as long as 7 seconds. This does NOT happen if you are using SP350, but only when it is waiting for calls to be made or to come in. It happens out of the blue. I can be working on a spreadsheet, using Edge, etc.

I did check my Windows Logs under Application and there is no error related to SP350 (ClientPhone32.exe.

Hi DoubleDriveLine,

Yes, we do have all of that configured correctly, as you noted. SP350 doesn't restart on any specific schedule, it happens irregularly.

Check 15-05-47 and 48 set them to 60. Also, check to see if your DHCP server is kicking out new leases every 2 hours or something.

Hi CoralTech, could you please clarify how to check 15-05-47 and 48 to set them to 60? Is this from within the PBX software? If so, what would the command be?

Which phone system is the sp350 connecting to? His instructions are for the SV8100/SV9100 family but I don't see where you specified the model of the system.

I think you need to get a wireshark capture of the event. Seems like the heartbeat is being lost and that causes the phone to reboot.

Hi DoubleDriveLine, I am running Wireshark now. I also have confirmed that our DHCP leases renew every 24 hours.

On the SV9500, you can use IPAN in PCPro and then monitor your specific type of sets. If you see that they all register with the same MAC address, then use @DoubleDriveLine procedure above. The issue is the device setting of the client and it needs to use the physical device and not the VPN.

Thanks gbtac3. I have been working with the vendor trying to resolve this issue. I am going to run wireshark both on the laptop and a mirrored switch port that the PBX is plugged into. We are not using the VPN device in the Device settings. Under Device, we have the physical wireless device selected but choose the VPN IP.

Hi, I just wanted let you know that I ran wireshark on my machine and on a mirrored port on the PBX switch. We found that there were retransmissions that were occurring. I had the Network team work with our phone vendor. They made some changes to the VPN firewall and now SP350 is working flawlessly! Thanks so much for everyone's input!

Thanks for updating us. It is good to know how it was resolved even if your IT department did not tell you how they fixed it. Remote phones can be a pain in the rear end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back