Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP2010 permissions suddenly stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdacquisto

Programmer
May 15, 2003
US
Hey all,
got a problem here.. None of the permissions that have been set up seem to be working today.

For example, I'll go to a site that I have full control over and I don't have access to do anything. I go into Permission Tools and then "check permissions" and then type in my name, and it comes back showing that I have "Full Control" but then under that, I'm seeing "The following factors also affect the level of access" and then there is "DENY" all the way down the page.

Everything last week was working fine, now NOBODY can do anything other than read...

Well, I posted this on several forums and got no help, so I opened a ticket with MS Tech Support ($265) and they fixed it.

Somehow, the site got locked into "read only" status. Went into Central Admin --> Site Collection Quotas and Locks and changed it to "Not Locked" and now everything works again.

VERY STRANGE. I'm the only admin.. I didn't change this to read only. Suspicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back