Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP2 Intellegent Message Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulW1977

MIS
Aug 12, 2004
US
Since installing SP2, the amount of spam reaching our end users has gone up dramatically. I turned on Archiving and have discovered that no messages are getting filtered out.

The properties page in system manager for the virtual SMTP servers is no longer there. The Global Settings property page is still there.

Is there something I may have missed? It was working before the Service Pack.

Sounds like you have a failed SP2 install. SP2 requires that the IMF be removed before it can be installed. Following SP2, the location of IMF is slightly different. Where it used to show up in the same screen as the Virtual SMTP Server, it is now a checkbox on the properties of the SMTP server along with a new addition Sender ID in addition to Recipient Filtering and Connection Filtering.

You may need to reinstall SP2. If you do have IMF installed then I would try to remove it, then reinstall SP2.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back