Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP2 Application Compatibility 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

norbl

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
US
Before you run the SP2 Microsoft Application Compatibility Analyzer, you must run the collector.exe which creates a log file. When I run collector.exe, it seems to be collecting the information, but there is no log file.

By default, the log file is a .CAB file and should be on my desktop, but it isn't there. I then tried to redirect the output of collector.exe to a specific directory, but still no .CAB file.

I have searched the entire C: drive for *.cab files with today's date, and there is none.

Any clues?

How was this post helpful?

The collector stores the log in a cabinet file (.CAB). Uncompressed it is in .XML format, but your post adds nothing to help me figure out why there are no CAB files from the collector.exe process.

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Analyzer Database\LocalDatabase.MDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back