Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP to file using OSQL getting rid of 1>

Status
Not open for further replies.

awaywifye

Programmer
Jul 1, 2004
US
I have 1 "master" database with several disconnected offsite databases. At the offsite locations, new records are identified, and we are given this information. We add the record to the "master" database and in turn send this new record out to the offsite databases using proprietary packages.

I have a stored procedure (run through query analyzer) that when fed certain parameters will dump a series of scripts out into the results pane. These were then manually cut an pasted into a new SQL query, packaged up and sent out.

After searchinig past topics, I found that I could speed up the latter half of the processs if I created another stored procedure that when fed the parameters will run through all the other stored procedures and dump the results to individually named sql files. The only problem is that now each of these sql files ends with 1>

Is there any way to kill that 1> or is there another way around this? (IE - moving my 1st set of stored procedures into a DTS package, then calling the DTS package out in another stored procedure?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back