Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP 2013 - Document Library with Cascading Dropdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

akrshaw

Programmer
Oct 24, 2006
US
We are in the process of migrating to SP 2013 and I have to create a document library with cascading drop downs.

I have accomplished this in SP 2010 with lists, but I have only been able to locate snippets of ways to use third party implements to accomplish in a document library.
I cannot use any third party sources, jquery, spservices, etc. to create. Is this possible since the form is SharePoint based, not InfoPath?

Is it possible to create an InfoPath form and connect it to the SharePoint Library and replace the SharePoint Form?
When the user adds a new file or edits an existing one they have to use the ribbon to activate, not an external or different method.

File Name..........Document Information..........Area..........................SubArea..................Functional Area
Loaded File.........Multiple Lines Text...................Cascade Dropdown.......Cascade Dropdown.....Cascade Dropdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back