Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP 1 installed- Visual Studio .net 2003 remote debug error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiespin

Programmer
Jan 23, 2004
US
I installed Win2k3 SP1 on a server that our developers have been using with asp.net apps, remote debugging from Visual Studio .Net 2003. Since the install, when they try to start a project with remote debugging, they receive the following error:
"Error while trying to run project. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied. Verify that you are an administrator or a member of the 'Debugger Users' group on the machine you are trying to debug. After being added to the 'Debugger Users' group, you must log off and log back on for the setting to apply."
I made the registry change suggested here to disable loopback check.
ran aspnet_regiis.exe -i.
There were a couple of errors early on in the event log related to dcom security settings. I added the needed accounts to local security policy settings for machine debug manager, and those are now gone. When the developers try to run remote debug manager, they receive the error, no errors are recorded in the event log on the server or on the client pcs.
I haven't found anything on microsoft's site, yet, other than the compatibility listing which doesn't indicate visual studio .net 2003 problems (doesn't specify remote debugging will not be affected, either). Anyone else run into/resolve a similar problem?
Thanks for your help,
Brenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back