Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Soyo KT600 mobo 3 sticks of memory? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rreinman

MIS
Jan 16, 2003
US
I was wondering if ANYONE got 3 sticks of DDR400 speed memory working on this soyo KT600 Dragon v1.o board. And if so, do you have to update the bios. Soyo lists only 2 will work, slot 1 & 3. And which is better, Kensingston, or Crucial, or Coarsair?

Thankyou,
Bob

Not tried that particular board, but with DDR memory, it is best to use in pairs (2, 4, etc) in order to use the double data rates (so I've read and been told) - otherwise, you won't get the full potential of the memory. Also, if you go with any of the 3 manufacturers you listed, then you should be in good shape. If you are not wanting to overclock, then Kingston has been the most stable memory manufacturer for a long time. For overclocking, it all depends upon which particular memory you go with under a particular manufacturer, as they make a couple different lines. Try searching around for articles at and , and you should be able to find valuable info there. You could also try and (both are valuable magazines if you deal with computers much.

Stephen [infinity]
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 KJV

kjv1611
Via KT600 chipset does not have a dual channel mode so a matched pair although advisable, will not aid a facility that this board does not have.
Kingston?? Crucial and Corsair are all excellent brands and offer a wide selection of products that fit into your description, are you talking plain value ram or something more special, anyway, there isn't much between their value lines, it's all good mainstream memory.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Thaks for info on the particular chipset - as I've not paid much attention to it - just stuck with Nforce2 chipset myself.. And for the memory brands, just mentioning that Kingston's just been kind of an old faithful manufacturer of memory modules for some time. Yes, the other 2 are good in most cases, but Kingston's been there all along, and very rarely have any complaints (that I've heard or read of) been given for Kingston.

Stephen [infinity]
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 KJV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back