Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Soyo K7VTA-Pro mobo need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1W169

Technical User
Aug 22, 2001
US
Hello All I'm helping my friend with a computer hes building heres the specs

Soyo K7VTA-Pro Motherboard w/ Athlon 1.2GHz CPU
40 gig western digital H/d
Pine geoforce2 mx400 64mb graphics card
56X cdrom drive
264 mb pc133 ram

Ok first problem we had was mobo kept saying floppy drive error or not connected. I double checked all the connections and its all in good but we swapped that out so now on to the hard-drive. The bios couldnt auto-sense the WD hard-drive so i went into the bios to enter it manually but when i clicked auto sense it then detected the hard-drive. ok so we saved the bios it reboots and just hangs. It won't goto a: drive or cdrom-drive.
If i clear the cmos settings it wont detect hdd but if i continue it then goes to the add boot-disk. I'm confused as to why I'm not seeing this screen when I put the hd in. Has anyone else had any problems similiar or know something about this mobo that I'm overlooking?

I put in his old hd hehe a 1 gig maxtor and it senses it fine so I know its not the cable, i also swapped hd cables and cdrom cables around on the mobo and it still sensed the cdrom drive but not the hdd so I know its not a bad adapter on the mobo. Umm i'm running out of options. ANY help would be appreciated. THX in advance

Well I got it to boot to his old 1 gig hard-drive with win98se on it But I can't format the new drive I get the error "there was a device error reading drive 1 absolute sector 0 count 1" That plus it takes like 4 min to go from bios start to win98 when I boot :(

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Ok well thanks for the help everyone problem was a bad h/d if anyone else has similiar problems. Hopefully me or someone will offer tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back