Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SourceSafe and VFP 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

psperry2

Programmer
Nov 7, 2007
US
A project previously under Source Control is now not acting like it is. I have a project called interview. This project can be verified to be under Source control by starting up the SourceSafe application.

I am using VSS version 8.0.50727.42 and VFP 7.0 with SP1

When I use FoxPro to open the Project, the Lock symbols are all missing, and I can make changes without checking out the files.

On the Project Tab of VFP, I have the option now to add the project to source control. When I try to do that, I get prompted to Login to Visual Source Safe, so I do that and am prompted to select a SourceSafe folder or name a new one.
When I select the existing interview folder and click OK, I get the message "The project is already under source control. Use Join Source Control Project on the File menu to create a new copy of the project." So when I select Join Source Control Project..." from the file menu I am once again prompted to login to Visual SourceSafe. I then am presented with a list of available projects already under Source control and if I select Interview, I am presented with a Join Source Control Project screen.

The screen is divided into 2 sections, the Top section is labeled Source Control Project and the bottom section is called working Directory. Both come defaulted with the options I want, so I don't use either change button, I just click on the OK button. Then Nothing happens.

Can anyone tell me how I can re-connect this FoxPro project to its original SourceSafe Project folder without Losing the history of changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back