Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sources of actual MS Project files to use a example

Status
Not open for further replies.

0sprey

Technical User
May 9, 2015
CA
Any ideas on finding professionally designed actual MS Project MPP files (redacted where necessary) that could be used as examples of how to learn to design and use the program effectively.

I have looked at some examples on line but most were simplistic and not related to actual real project examples.

You might be able to "weasel" a few examples from some MS Project training company. Tell them your company is interested in evaluating them as a possible training provider, etc, etc. Yes, it's a little underhanded, but the whole sales process is often underhanded, so I don't feel too guilty.

You can also check some government sites. If the project doesn't have a security classification, then their work is in the public domain. This assumes you are a US citizen.

==================================
advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

Oops, Oh Canada!

Check in Ottawa.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Thank you all for the replies...

I have in the past, when involve in learning drafting and AutoCAD, acquired actual building construction hardcopy drawings from the local construction association. These were very useful...learning by example from the work of others far more skilled than I on how to create a quality drawing using standardized methods.

In all Internet searches I have done I have newer found even one actual MS Project plan in the completed state to use as a reference. This does seem a wee bit strange to me.

I will contact a few training companies for their opinion. Thanks.

Your reply does give me an additional idea. You could check with the local chapter of PMI.
==================================
advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back