Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sourced .js files and IE 8.0/ActiveX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulNY2

Technical User
Jul 31, 2010
US
Hi
I have HTML pages with a left nav. bar that is sourced in a separate .js file. Using IE 8.0 and Windows 7 and accessing the page from a web server, the browser is not displaying a <HR> that is above some content and is miss-displaying other content. The page is below:

Also, when I access the same file locally, it prompts me to activate Active X to enable the content. But even after I do this, it still miss-aligns the HTML code and moves things around.

Does anyone know of a way to both prevent both the prompt to activate Active X and to enable proper presentation of the HTML?

Note: this does not happen with earlier versions of IE and Windows XP and does not happen with Firefox at all.

Paul

Getting rid of the "UL.MenuBarVertical LI.MenuBarItemIE" rule fixes it for me.

With the rule in place, you need to clear your floats... but I don't see why you have that rule anyway, so I'd just remove it.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Snippets & Info:
The Out Atheism Campaign

Oops... I forgot to post these URLs on easy clearing, should you decide not to remove that CSS:

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Snippets & Info:
The Out Atheism Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back