Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

source qualifier warning message

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanti456

Programmer
Jun 29, 2004
US
In source qualifier (after I write SQL override statement, and click on validate button or if I just click on generate SQL button, it is showing a warning message as "cannot generate/validate query because there are no valid fields projected from the source qualifier". May I know why it is and what can I do now?
Thanks,

Exactly what the error message says. You need to have at least one other transformation after the SQ.....

(the 'projected from' bit)

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

In other words, the SQ isn't linked - it's just sitting there with the ports unconnected. No SQL can be generated because the Informatica engine doesn't know what ports/columns you want to select from the source.

Link one or more columns up to a transformation and then generation/validation can occur in the SQ override window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back