Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Source for 66 Blocks With Back Wired (Wrapped) Telco Connector Wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banner1971

Technical User
May 22, 2013
US
I have been having a difficult time locating a 66 block with a telco connector on the side but where the wires from the connector attach to wire wrap pins on the back rather than being punched down on the front. I would like this because it saves another set of jaws I could use for cross connects. I know they are out there but can't find them or don't know the proper search term.

RJ21X 66 block

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Don't tell me they stopped making them. I looked at what Siemon makes and they are definitely on the front in the pictures. There was no picture of Suttle.

I'm sure someone still makes them. I haven't seen them in use for a while.

I've seen references to a clip that adds two positions. The clip is like a modified bridging clip. If you can't locate a block with the wires spun down underneath, those clips might be a reasonable substitute if using a block where the female Amphenol Jack's wires are punched down along the end column(s).

Another option might be to run jumpers from the Amphenol block to a 66/25. That block would have a one in/three out configuration.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Found them finally, I was in a place that had them and they still had the label, Siemon M2-5W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back