Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Source based routing on the VSP platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

atascoman

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone has done this and has any advice on it. I want to try and setup source based routing policies to route traffic out different internet connections. I'm more curious if this is possible than anything. I would like to send my data and wireless VLANS out a specific internet pipe and have my security and voice traffic follow the default path that that VSP has configured. I have a PA firewall on each internet connection that I would point to and BGP is an option as well. I know the PA can do this, but I would like to try and set it up at the VSP level and not put that decision on the PA.

Just looking for advice and recommendations.

Thanks

I don't think the VSP supports source based routing yet. Have you thought about using VRF's to do this.

create one for your data and wireless vlans with a default route through one pipe and create another for your security and voice vlans. You could then use route policys to only advertise local vlan networks between the two vrf's. You could then advertise each vrf's default route to the other one as a higher cost if one path goes down.

Thanks, I will look into that option and see if that will fit the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back