Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Soundblaster Live! Value speaker PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeHunt6769

Technical User
Nov 18, 2001
US
My speakers have XP drivers installed (tried XP's drivers and creative's), but they only work when set to "quadratic speakers". This makes them seem as the "rear" speakers... sounds are low and distant. Speakers wont work in "stereo speakers" or any other format. ALSO windows wont install driver for "microsoft kernel DLS synthesizer" it says "data invalid". Any posts are welcome, and thanks.

I had lots of problems with my SB Live! Value with both the default Creative drivers and the ones from Windows Update. But so far all my problems have gone after installing these drivers:

You will have to install them using the update driver option in device manager, and use the advanced option as it will recommend keeping it's old drivers. This will also allow you to roll back if the new ones don't work for you.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back