Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Soundblaster Live! doesnt sound right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geiger9

Technical User
Jan 13, 2001
CA
I just bought a soundblaster Live! and Im running XP. I've tried downloading the XP drivers and the Liveware 3.0 yet my games still sound crappy. And after I install liveware I cant access the audioHQ to change the EAX settings.

You must uninstall all drivers from your previous sound card, even if it was a sound blaster card. We believe that you have a conflict caused by some old sound card drivers (files) that are still active on your system. You may have to do a manual hunt to remove these old drivers. After you hunt them down and remove them (the old drivers) uninstall the current sound card drivers and then do a re-install. You may have to remove the sound device from control panel and then do the install. You may also have to do a reboot and then install. XP is so auto-magic with its built in driver installation process I have had to fight with the system to get the drivers that I wanted installed. XP Pro comes fully loaded with lots of drivers and I have in past let the operating system do the process of sound card driver installion with a sound blaster card using the drivers on the XP Disk- all went well. You can also get correct drivers from the Windows update site.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back