Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sound Wobble

Status
Not open for further replies.

minuteman263

Technical User
Oct 19, 2003
US
A computer that I support has a wierd problem. I had to reformat and reload XP Pro because of damage from a virus. After that, any sound, windows produced, or CD played in the drive would wobble. I eventually found some unregistered DLL's and registered them. This fixed the sound wobble right away. This lasted about 1 day, then the sound started to wobble again just like before. I am going to try reinstalling all of the drivers and see if that works.
Any other ideas.

Are the connections fitted securely?

One possible workaround might be to run a batch file that reregisters those .dll you mention, and run the batch file at every Startup.

Just some bits and pieces here.

158532 - Goosebumps: Sounds Skip and Repeat During Videos

812610 - Audio File Sound Skips During Image Transitions

Q: Why does WMP play too fast or too slow?

Read the answer here.

Have you checked the following.

Control Panel/ Sounds and Audio Devices/ Audio tab/

Make sure you have the correct device listed in Sound Playback.

See if you can use this HP document as a general guide?

Resolving Sound Problems in Windows 98, ME, and XP

310560 - How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP

Just an update. I deinstalled the audio driver that came with the restore disc and installed a sound driver for that machine that I downloaded from the manufacturer's site. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back