Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sound recorder has no memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

PROFESSORSPARKIE

Instructor
Oct 24, 2002
US
each time i try to use the windows/xp desk top sound recorder i get a message saying that "the sound recorder does not have enough memory" it says to cancel other programs. there isn't any thing else running. is there a memory allocation i need to set. i don't have the problem with my xp laptop. it records but when i try to stop & save i get the message. i am only saying a few words.

any suggestions?

Computer thought: I teach a lot of programming so I can learn. You can never learn it all.

I didn't have a problem with the mike not being recognized. it recorded with the meter showing it is receiving sound but when I tried to play it back it said not enough memory. It failed many times in a row over dinnerent days and restarts.

I tried it again to get a screen capture to attach to this response and when I just tried it again it worked OK with out me changing anything.????????

I will have to wait for it to fail again or try to see if I can find out under what circumstances it fails.

May as well close this problem for now.

Computer thought: I teach a lot of programming so I can learn. You can never learn it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back