Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sound on asus a7v333

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindancer

Technical User
Jun 1, 2002
US
I am purchasing a new system and decided on an asus a7v333 as the motherboard.Will the on board sound be sufficiant to play games and mp3's. I currently have a soundblaster 512 sound card and altec lansing acs54w speakers(4 speakers and a sub woofer) and i am satisfied with the quality i get.Will i lose qaulity sticking with the on board sound.

Normally on board sound is not as high a quality as you will get from a decent card. You will certainly be able to listen to MP3s and your games should work ok but you may notice a drop in sound quality. You can always disable the on board and fit a sound card if you are dissatisfied. All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

The sound will be adequate but not up to that offered by a seperate sound card.
You also need to realise that by using onboard sound you are using alot of the systems resorces, it sounds to me you are building a speed demon so you don't want to slow it down any by burdening the motherboard with powering sound.
A seperate sound card will allow the motherboard to concentrate on other processors, even a cheap creative 128 or your old 512PCI? card may not sound any better than the onboard but will release valuable resources for other tasks. Martin Just trying to help, sometimes falling short, I am only human after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back