Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sound not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

MIS
Mar 23, 1999
CA
All of a sudden I am not able to hear my CD's on my computer. I have all the other sounds working, but why can't I get the cd sound to work? I am on a NT WORKSTAtion. Thanks in Advance.... Niki

Standard audio CD's? Did it work before? Has anyone been inside the computer lately. Have you checked all the volume properties to make sure the CD volume is not turned down or muted.<br><br>Double click the speaker icon in the tray to see the volume properties and make sure the CD volume is up and not muted.<br><br>If the computer has been opened recently then I would check the audio cable from the Cdrom drive to the audio card or motherboard...whichever is the case.<br><br>If all other sounds are working then the audio drivers, sound card, and resources should be Ok.<br><br>You may also want to go into the Multimedia applet in the Control Panel under devices....Media Control Devices/ CD Audio and make sure it is seleceted to use this device.<br><br><br>dxd

Standard audio cd's - YES! ...&nbsp;&nbsp;Worked great before this. I don't believe anyone's been inside the box. Nothing is muted. Volume is pumped to the max and the device is selected. Thanks for all the checkpoints! Good info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back