Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sound in win xp proffesional

Status
Not open for further replies.

George54

MIS
Nov 4, 2002
GB
when i turn on my sound to listen to music etc... there is always a "crackling sound and as i move my mouse across the screen there is a "vibrating sound as well i cannot figure out what this is can anyone suggest a solution to this .
PS..
I dont have a soundcard installed just on board sound..

Does this occur when listening to audio CD's via CD/DVD drive only? (ie not when listening to WAV/MIDI/MP3 and other audio files)

John

it happens without opening any player etc..just leaving the sound turned on it is very annoying..

Is this a laptop?
Is this a wireless mouse?

In any case, the resolution is almost, almost always the same. Move the cables around for the speakers, and move the mouse cable and if pertinant the wireless receiver as far as possible from the speakers.

Also check and see if the speakers are designed for computer use (and so have appropriate magnetic shielding).

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back