Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sound Error Message When Publishing SWF File

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorporateDick

Technical User
Dec 3, 2007
US
I developed a screen for one to select any letter from the alphabet and if they click on any of the lettered objects a sound will play. I have 26 button symbols (one for each letter) and 26 mp3 sounds for each button symbol. In the button environment I added a layer and inserted keyframe above the "HIT" element and assigned the respective letter sound that should play. Also, when one clicks on a specific letter, they are directed to another web page specifically for that letter. All of the button symbols are on one layer and one keyframe.

When I compile/publish the swf file I get the following message (and no sound).

"Sound has no valid device sound path although device sounds was requested in the export settings, This sound will be ingnored"

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
CD

It is an MP3 file. Given my lack of action script capability I rearranged it so that when you click on the button in the SWF file it then opens a dreamweaver webpage where I inserted the file as a plugin... The long way home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back