Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sound editor? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sr1767

Vendor
Apr 24, 2012
US
I have a royalty-free .wav file that we need to use as an internal Avaya IP Office MOH file.
This file is 32 bit float, 44,100Hz, mono. IP Office requires that this file be 16 bit , 8Khz, mono.
Is there an audio editing program that can convert this file to the correct format?
All suggestions are appreciated.

I think audacity can do it.
I use adobe encore.
I think the old version, adobe audition, can do it as well (for free).

Otherwise, if you want to post a link to it, I'll convert it for you.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Audacity is the easiest. Drag your file on top of the desktop short for Audacity. When it opens, in the lower left hand corner of the display, use the drop down box to change the Project Rate (Hz) to 8000. Press Ctrl-Shift-E to export it, call it holdmusic.wav and you're done. Answer No to Save file before exiting, because that just wants to make an Audacity format project file, and you've got what you came after, and the original file is untouched.

I've got Audacity 2.1.2.
When I try to save it, 16 bit PCM is a choice. Upon save and when playing it in Audacity, Audacity shows it as still being 32 bit float.

ding ding ding...I believe that we have a winner...Thank you TTT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back