Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sound, clicks and ticks during playback 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fb

Technical User
Apr 23, 2000
US
I'm currently producing a multimedia CD-ROM with a friend. We're working in the Windows environment.

Our streaming audio is the problem. The sound (song) came from a CD. We've tried uncompressed audio and MP3.
Problem: during playback there are constant "glitches" in the audio. Sometimes the problem subsides after a few frames into the movie.

This does not occur every replay or test but it does occur more often than not. It has occured in the authoring mode and movie test mode. It is also present in the .exe published projector movies.

How does the sound file play if you test it in the library ?

it plays fine in the library

I thought I was supposed to use the stream setting for a sound track

On the web maybe, and even then! But for a cd?
Streaming is generally used when you want a sound track to start playing as soon as it can (downloaded enough!), but quality is often very poor!

;-)

I've dug this question out of the Archive because I'm suffering the same problem... and it seems "fb"s question went unresolved.

Every Flash movie I've produced with audio sounds scratchy with digital "clicks" in the test environment, when playing back the .swf file AND when viewing over the web.. but ONLY ON MY P-C!!! All other computers I've test on work absolutely fine!

(Interestingly, perhaps, other websites I've visited with streaming flash sound DO play fine on my main P-C !!!??!)

In otherwords it seems to be some sort of local "conflict" of sorts... but I don't know where to begin looking.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back