Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sound card not playing sound at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghrark

Technical User
Sep 1, 2008
US
ok folks. i have a windows xp professional running on a 1.8 ghz 64-bit processor with a nforce chipset. i had a creative labs sound blaster audigy digital entertainment sound card installed with same problem. i removed the sound blaster but the creative software is still there even though i thought i removed it from the add\remove programs (which does not show it there anymore). how do i remove this software completely without redoing my system?

ok i can't pay for the program and i don't think that's the problem anymore. same issue with the on-board sound card. not sure what else to do here. ive removed the creative stuff and still no sound. ive removed the sound card and reinstalled the card twice to no avail. is it possible that my operating system isn't installed correctly? have had the problem since first setting up the computer. no sound at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back