Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sound card does not play windows startup/shutdown 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekopp

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
US
I have just completed a fresh install of my Winxp pro. Everything installed well, but I have one lingering problem - my Creative Audigy 2 Platinum (very finicky by the way) does not play my windows shutdown or startup sounds on startup or shutdown. If I go into the sound section of control panel and click on the test button, they play just fine. It doesn't matter if I use the standard widows stuff or use my own files. The Creative spalsh screen does play just fine (as it did before my re-install). Other system sounds play just fine also. I can hear a "pop" in the speakers (Creative 5.1 sound system) upon startup and shutdown where I expect to hear the assigned sounds. Sorry for the length of this message. Is anyone else familiar with this phenomenon?

linney,

Thanks.
The Tweakui fix (check beep on errors in the General tab) from thread 779-924262 was the one I needed. I must have gotten click-happy in Tweakui.
At any rate, I am back in business now. My first thought was the finicky Audigy 2 Platinum card. A great sound card otherwise, especially when teamed with Creative speaker systems (I've had mixed results with others).
Thanks again. I knew I could count on the Windows XP Pro tek-tipsters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back