Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sound and video's play too fast... Chipmunk speeds! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalRolly

Technical User
Aug 26, 2001
AU
I load windows2000 up and the sound logging in plays at about 3 or 4 times the speed...
When I get two ppl talking in a wav file it sounds like chipmunks... Very funny at first, but this passes...
Same with mpg files and so on...

So my question is...

Is there somewhere I can turn down the play speed?

Using media player 7.1 and the previous version... They have the same issue...

Cheers

Rolly

I am not certain if this is the same problem or not.

But I installed an older SoundBlaster card into a newer Win 2000 machine. When I attempted to play music it would give me a short, FAST blast of music and then hesitate (pause) before outputting another blast of music.

It turned out that the old card was not designed to handle today's faster PC speeds and was therefore acting erratically.

Installing a new, in-expensive sound card cured the problem. My local system integrator/builder was willing to try the solution prior to making me purchase the card, so perhaps you can find someone to do the same.

Good Luck,
I_Forgot

Hey I too had this problem at one time. I had seen the problem on a dell dimension 4400 and optiplex GX240. To fix the problem I found that windows 2000 would automatically place an audio driver something like ACI 97?
I ended up uninstalling the driver and reinstalling the correct version. This cured the problem. It might be worth investigating the audio driver to make sure win2k did not autoinstall the wrong driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back