Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SOS ! - Outbound mail are not going out

Status
Not open for further replies.

amoy

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2002
CA
I just move exchange server from old hardware to new hardware, everything else works fine BUT we cann't send out email externally. We are receiving email from both internal and external.

It is Exchange Server 5.5 sp4 / NT4 / SP6. I have removed and re-install IMC several times.

Is there any one help me with this? I know I still have two days to do this but since it is weekend ... HELP :-(

Thanks a million!

If you have got a DNS Server on your network then set-up a mx record with the ip address of the exchange server in it then setup the exchange server to use DNS to deliver mail.

I now this works as this is how my sever is setup and it leave the server almost immediatly via my adsl router.

Thanks washi01 for quick reply.

I finally figured out it by copying all the files in imcdata in from old server to new hardware.

Although still not understand why I had to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back