Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

*SOS* Inventory Adjustment : use software instead of manual entry 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ManyHats

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2018
CA

Currently I am getting parts sheets that need to be alleviated in the system. The problem with this is it is very time consuming to enter all of the adjustments in the system.

Currently I am getting parts forms that I enter onto a spreadsheet and enter on the adjustments. ( I can export currently but it will not allow me to import)

I want to get rid of this process.

Does anyone know any software that I could use that would allow me to scan the sheets into the system as well as create an excel sheet ( Or at least keep track of what I have scanned) ??[ponder]

This would be mighty helpful. I know it would probably be some kind of OCR program. But one that could link to accpac and upload the adjustments for me instead of manually having to enter everything.

Thanks [bigsmile]

Are these items used/consumed internally? If so then use internal issues, you can import transactions.

Sage 300 Certified Consultant

Yes, because I am decreasing quantity that we have of parts I do that portion in the system . I can export currently but it won't let me import

I think the format is wrong.

The import function is there, you just need to get the file format right.
Use IC Transactions, Internal Usage instead of Adjustments. IC Adjustments should only be used as a last resort.

Open Internal Usage and then click File, Import. On the Import screen click File, Display Import Fields.
You're welcome ;)

internal_usage_bngqfc.png

Well.... Internal usage only shows export there is no option for import.

import_mylxdm.png

I do see the import screen under IC Adjustments. Only issue I am having is I don't know what the format of the excel spread sheet should look like. I have already exported a copy of the adjustment and blanked out all of the information that was for that adjustment as if to start fresh so i can enter information onto that spreadsheet and then import it to sage 300... But it is saying the CSV format is wrong, if i switch it to excel 2007 it once again says the format is wrong.

[thanks2] for all the help really appreciate it.

What version are you on?
Alternative is to write a VBA routine to create the transactions from a file, that's a far better long term solution than importing files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back