Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting specifically by value list

Status
Not open for further replies.

exposbabe1

Technical User
Mar 21, 2007
CA
Hi folks,
Desperate again for (urgent) help.

I have a mailing list of customers to send to, that must be sorted by a specific order of (Canadian) postal codes.
It's not strictly alphabetical; it goes by distribution stations and ... well, no details needed here.

I have compiled the exact order in which the customers must be sorted as a value list.
And in the script to sort the customers, I indicate to custom sort by that list.

Well, it seems to work for the first 20 or so; after that, fuggedabout it. It sort of starts over and sorts alphabetically.

This will cause nightmares at the post office, and that's where we're headed in less than 48 hours.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Solved it.
The custom value list had some invisible spaces after each entry, therefore making the fields not match up exactly, and therefore not sort properly.

In other words, self-solved. Never mind and I'm still glad you're here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back