Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting report results based off a Running Total

Status
Not open for further replies.

steever

MIS
Mar 25, 2003
CA
Hey Folks,

Need a bit of help - Crystal 10, Peregrine DB

Trying to create a 'top 10' report. I've got report groupings, summarized with a running total and I now need to sort the report based off these totals (descending order).

I've suppressed details, just showing footers with the running totals .. just cant figure out how to sort these as they are calculated after groupings (ie. whileprintingrecords). Would I need to create an array to find the top max values and then spill them out in the report footer ??

much appreciate any help...

Steve

As you have discovered you can not use RTs for group/top N sorts.

If it only top 10 you want then you can capture RT values with 10 different NumberVars. However, getting them into top 10 order will be fun. You will need 10 formula which displays the vars in descending order.

Ian

I guess you can go to Report on tool bar, then use Group Sort Expert. You can pick top 10 and then sort them in desc order. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back