Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedi1

Technical User
Aug 25, 2002
IL
Good day every one,

I have created a report in the purpose of showing the change in customer usage of our product in comparison to previous times (for example if the user insert a date range of two months we want to display the difference in usage percentage of the current two months and the past two month).
In order to do that I have grouped the report by customer Id and created Running totals that sums the number of usage for each time period. Then I have created a formula that gives the percentage change between the two periods.

I want to sort the report by the percentage and not by the cust Id.
How do I do that?
I'm using CR9

I would either address this with a sub-report or do you calculations and grouping in a stored procedure

As Wallie12 says, you can't do it directly. A limit of Crystal groups is that the group properties have to depend on the raw data, not data as processed while the group is being printed. There is a
function, which you could use to show the groups in order of the number of group members. But percentage is something that gets figured out by Crystal during printing.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back