Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting of numeric filed’s values is needed 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

katrina11

Technical User
Apr 30, 2011
Hi experts!

I have an existing data entry application implemented in Access 2007. Whenever user selects a memberOrder , he can enter data.
The problem is that memberOrder is not sorted . Or rather sorting is not customized.
Whenever user click on memberOrder field heading, system provide a filters box where it is filtered in the following way:
And so on...
I found a query which is responsible for the Form but I do not know how to change it so that if give MemberOrder in the common way:
I assume "Order By" clause is needed in SQL view. However, when I added “order by memberOrder” it has no effect.

I wonder what syntax would implement what I am looking for. Could you please help me to fix that?

Thank you!

Katrin

Use an ORDER BY clause in the query selecting records from your new [2a_Members for Chart Review] table.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Records in any table in any data base are kept without any particular order. It may *seam* that you may have records in order if you look at the table without specifying the order, but you need to always order them when you request info from any table(s) if you need to have them ordered.

Have fun.

---- Andy

HURRAY! I finally got upon PHV directions!

Thank everybody who helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back