Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting issue while Importing emails from group mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pack10

Programmer
Feb 3, 2010
US
I have a routine that imports emails from an Outlook group inbox.
It works fine except the newest is coming in first, I would like the oldest email to be the first record in the table. What's happening is the newest email is the first record in the table and the oldest is the last record added.

What difference does it make in what order they are in the table?
You can sort them from a query to view them in any order you want.

Randy

As they are appended to the table thy autonumber is being incremented. I want to use the autonumber as a "Reference Number".
What happens is the first record has a date of 3/22/2011 and the last record (in the mailbox) 11/23/2009 is 233.
Then the next time the job pulls in from the mailbox, #234 is the newest email (but it looks odd because #1 was the newest from the first import).

I want to use the autonumber as a "Reference Number"
Well, an autonumber should have no other meaning than to be unique, dot.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

I want to bring in the oldest email messages first from the group mailbox, what's happening is the newest are coming in first. How can I get to the oldest message first. Thanks all.

Use an ORDER BY clause in a query.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back