Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting in Crystal report when supressing group header

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatemgamil

Programmer
Mar 18, 2010
i have grouping in my cyrstal report with Field AccOfficerName and i am sorting inside the group using a formula.i am using a supress condition to supress the group header and footer to disable showing group based on a paramter.
My question is how can i sort when supressing the grp header and footer with the formula as it doesnt work when i supress grp header and footer.

thanks

Please show the code for the formula on which you are sorting (and the code for any formula referred to in it), and the conditional suppression formula.

Please also explain what you mean by "... it doesnt work ...". What result are you expecting, and what result do you get.

Pete,

my conditoin based on a paramter IsAccOfficerChecked and i put it in grp header and footer section as a supress condition to hide both header and footer if it's false and show them if true..
My problem that i am having a group by AccOfficerName field and i am sorting with forumla. Every thing is working well when group header and footer are not supressed but when my condition IsAccOffcierChecked =false data is showen unsorted i want to know how can i sort them according to another formula asc
Thanks

Not sure I understand, but please post the code for the sort formula (and any other formula that is referred to in it). Please also provide an outline of the report, such all groups involved.

Is it the data at the detail level or a lower level group that is not getting sorted?

Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back