Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting custom properties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAPixley

Technical User
May 6, 2004
US
I have a Visio document that I put quite a bit of time into. I planned it as well as possible before starting and added all the custom properties I needed--in order--from the get go. New manager, new requirements, and now I need to add new custom properties. I want them to sort alphabetically, but the new custom properties are always added to the bottom of the list. Is there some way to sort them so that I can get the order I want without having to remove everything and enter it from scratch?

Thanks,
Jon

The Custom Properties/Shape Data rows have a Sort By field. You can add a value to the Sort Key (at the bottom of the Custom Property/Shape Data dialog. You can also make the changes in the Shapesheet.

For the true fanatics, it is also possible to save the file as XML and move the custom properties around. Definitely not for the faint hearted.

John... Visio MVP - Visio.MVPs.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back