Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting by sum of Arrears

Status
Not open for further replies.

musini

Technical User
Jan 19, 2008
US
Hi All,

In the report I have two groups group1 and group2 and I have the sum the arrears in the group2 footer. The details and group1 header are supressed, so the froup2 footer is shown as details.

Now the report is sorted on the grouped fields, is there any way that I could sort it according to the sum of the arrears field which is in gorup2 footer.

Thanks,
M

If the sum is an inserted summary, you can go to report->group sort->Group#2 tab and select sum of arrears as your group sort field.

-LB

Thanks LB.

It worked perfect, first I was using running totals and so I could not do it but with summary column I could useit. I have one more question. Is there any way I could display tje group header on each page of the report.

Thanks,
M

What is the problem you are running into? Which group header--#1? Is there a new page before set on the group header?

-LB

Thanks for the response LB.

I have found the answe, I have used the repeat group header on each page option.

Thanks,
M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back