Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorting by Percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKirksgirl

Technical User
Feb 22, 2001
US
I am working on a report that calculates the percentage of loans by branch. I have to calculate the total loans by branch, then the total secondary loans by branch, then I have to calculate a percentage showing what percent of each branch's total business is secondary loans.

I have grouped my report by branch and created the formulas for counting all loans by branch and counting secondary loans by branch. I also have created the percentage formula of secondary loans by branch/total loans by branch. I get my percentages fine and they look correct, however, I need to sort the percentages in descending order and I can't seem to be able to do that.

You can use TopN feature to sort based on a subtotal. If you sort "ALL" based on the subtotal that is used to calculate the percentage, then you should get them in the right order.

Make sure that you use the subtotal within the right group, since it sounds like you have more than one group. Ken Hamady
On-site custom Crystal Reports Training and Consulting.
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back