Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sort Group by calculated field

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLBean123

Technical User
Apr 25, 2014
US
I have a report with two groups, and only one footer section shows; all other sections are hidden. I would like to sort the section that does show by a calculated field, but the only choices I have in the Group Sort Export are to sort by various sums and averages.

My report shows sales transaction information, in the following sections:

GH1 - Salesperson - hidden
GH2 - Sales Transaction Header - hidden
Details - Sales Line Detail - hidden
GF2 - Sales Transaction totals - hidden
GF1 - Salesperson totals - SHOWS

I am using simple summary formulas to show each salesperson's total Revenue and total Gross Profit. Then I use a formula in GF1 to show each salesperson's Profit Margin, based on total GP & Revenue for each person, which is:

If sum({Revenue}, {Salesperson})=0 then 0 else sum({GP}, {Salesperson}) / Sum ({Revenue}, {Salesperson}) * 100​

I would like to sort the report output by this calculated field, but I can't figure out how to accomplish this.

I tried putting a formula in the detail section and then inserting a summary into GF1, but the math doesn't work out correctly. I also tried changing the group to use a formula as the Group Sort Order, but the fields I need aren't available there, either.

Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back