Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sort by Time in Ascending order

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaT

Programmer
May 16, 2002
US
I have a query that pulls data from three tables. Table1 contains all clients. Then each client has a record in either Table2 or Table3, but not both. I need to pull a time field from either Table2 or Table3, which ever one they have a record in, and be able to display this on a form in one text box. In my query, I created an expression:

ArrivalTime = Format(IIf(IsNull([Table2.ArriveTime]),[Table3.ArriveTime],[Table2.ArriveTime]),"Medium Time")

Then on my form I just have a text box that shows ArrivalTime. This pulls the correct time for each record.

However, when I view my form, I want to see the records in ascending order of ArrivalTime. Even though I formatted my Expression of ArrivalTime as medium time, 01:00PM still shows before 09:30AM.

Any ideas?

Melissa
Designing Access databases since 1999

Don't use Format in the query and set the display Format property of the textbox instead:
ArrivalTime = Nz(Table2.ArriveTime,Table3.ArriveTime)

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back