Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sort Ascending/Descending Causing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammondo

MIS
Jan 14, 2002
NL
Main form and subform... Mainform contains a textbox bound to a field on the subform. When I use the sort/order option on the Subform, the textbox on the main form reports #error.

Is there a way to get around this?.. or maybe disable the right-click sort ascending/descending option on the subform?

Cheers 'n' Beers,

Grant.

The term "bound", in reference to a control, means that the control's Control Source property is set to the name of a field in the containing form's Record Source. You can't bind a main form control to a field in a subform's recordset. What is it that you mean by saying it's bound to a field on the subform?

I have to wonder why you'd want to put such a text box on the main form anyway. The subform, typically, would be displaying multiple records; the main form text box would presumably be displaying the field from the current record on the subform. Why wouldn't you simply show this field on the subform? There might be a good reason, but given that it's likely to cause problems like the one you're experiencing, I'm curious what that reason is. Rick Sprague

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back