Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sort a Forumla Contianing Summaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurtR

Programmer
Aug 9, 2000
US
I know this has been covered but I need to have it translated to me in "Stupid".
I am trying to sort a Formula field that contains a summary
The Forumla is for getting mileage from an odometer reading field. Basicly max(odometer) - the min(odometer)
Maximum ({WBVEH.MILEAGE}, {COMPVEH.UNITID})-Minimum ({WBVEH.MILEAGE}, {COMPVEH.UNITID})

As you can see the group is by UnitID

I then have another Formulas field that is the one above Mileage/Count(days used) that I have been requsted to sort on.
Any help would be great!
Thanks
Curt

Crystal can't sort on formulas that depend on summaries of any kind (report pass that determines sort doesn't happen after the summaries are done).

If you can't find a way to sort the groups using a summary field (using TopN/Sort Group Expert), you may need to create a helper VIEW (Query in Access) to provide the necessary summary to Crystal as raw data.

hth,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back