Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sorry for the simple question, but 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashaDG

Programmer
Jun 20, 2022
BY
I create a Query, pass it to the grid, everything works, only the result of the Query appears in a new window. I have SET TALK OFF. How to hide the popup window?

Sasha,

I suspect that this is because you query looks something like this:

[tt]SELECT <some fields> FROM <my table>[/tt]

The effect of this will be to send the query results to a Browse window, which is what you are seeing.

The solution is to send the results to a cursor:

[tt]SELECT <some fields> FROM <my table> [highlight #FCE94F]INTO CURSOR csrResults[/highlight][/tt]

and then to use that cursor as the record source for the grid.

(By the way, SET TLAK OFF has nothing to do with this.)

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

And could I strongly advise you not use "Sorry for the simple question, but" as the subject of your question. The subject is supposed to tell forum members what the question is about, so they will know whether or not to take the trouble to read it. It is also the text that will often show up in search results when other people have a similar problem. With that in mind, this particular subject text is pretty useless.

(But it's probably not to too late for you to edit it.)

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Thanks Mike for the quick response, I was just wondering what I could do with Query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back