Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sophos upgrade fails - support non-existent

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Having major problems with Sophos and their soon to expire end point security suite 7.

I have tried to upgrade after ensuring I ran the upgrade advisor and put SP4 onto the MSDE 2000 instance, but after uninstalling PureMessage 2 and trying to install v3.1 it just crashes leaving us without exchange protection or legally required email disclaimers.

I've emailed sophos several times including sending screen shots but this is all I have received.
We will try and get in touch then but we are experiencing a very high volume of calls so it'd be better if you called in when you are ready to troubleshoot. Prior to this, could you please send in details of the errors you are receiving and a screen shot if possible.

Is any one else having these problems of the upgrade failing, and when sending emails for support with screen shots you just seem to be receiving auto replies requesting information you have already supplied?

Any help is much appreciated as this concerns me greatly that sophos Anti-Virus doesn't seem to work any more and getting support is seeming extremely difficult.

Thanks,
1DMF.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Google Rank Extractor -> Perl beta with FusionCharts

Just to let everyone know, Sophos no longer works, their support is non-existent, it's been a month and still the upgrade has been unsucessful.

We have given up with Sophos and will be replacing them with alternative A/V

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Google Rank Extractor -> Perl beta with FusionCharts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back